Are you thinking about getting a heating system installed at your home? If yes, then you must be prepared to take a lot of things in consideration as choosing the most suitable system can be an overwhelming experience. This becomes more difficult when you need to make a quick decision. Before you begin, you need to ask yourself the below two questions:
- What is your budget?
- What is the most efficient way to heat your home?
Sometimes the most efficient way to heat your home can also be very expensive to install. But your expenses reduce significantly over time. What it means is that the installation will cost you a big amount and will also be complex, but the return on investment will be significant in the next 10 years of so. It is important to hire the most experienced service provider so that the installation is done right the first time itself. It is important that you get the heating system so that you save money and lots of hassles later.
Some effective heating system for your home
Many studies show that heating contributes to about 40% of the utility bill and hence choosing the right system is an important decision that you make for your home. As selecting the right heating system is a tricky decision to make it is important to know the different options available so that you can make the right choice.
- Hydronic Heating: If you choose this heating system, you will reap the benefits for many years to come. The installation cost is higher as compared to some other options, but you will witness the payout in the long run owing to the efficiency and low cost of maintenance. The system has a life of about two decades, when installed properly.
- Active solar heating: If you want to create an eco-friendly and ‘green’ home then solar heating is the most effective way to heat your home. This system uses the sun as the source, thus eliminating dependence on gas or electricity. Their life is long, and they last for about 20 years or more. The installation must be done by an expert who specializes in the field.
- Heat pump: This is an energy efficient system and uses a simple mechanism. An electric pump produces heat which can be circulated in the home through the air or ground. This system can be used for heating as well as cooling by drawing cool air during warm days. The installation is easy and inexpensive in comparison to other options.
- Underfloor heating: There are many benefits of the system, there is almost nil energy loss, the warming happens equally, the system is flexible with respect to energy source, and it prevents possibility of mites and allergens getting blown around by forced air.
Considerations while installing a heating system
A smart buyer is one who always tries to understand and map their needs and then look for the most suitable product. This process is best done in consultation with a contractor who has the requisite skills and knowledge. Here are some important points to keep in mind when you plan the installation of a heating system.
- You must establish a realistic budget before you begin shopping for the new system. There are infinite options with different heating quality, efficiency rating and size.
- Decide if you need only heating or cooling too. If you are looking for year-round comfort with one system, you must choose a suitable system.
- Your contractor will help you decide the size of the system required basis the space which you want to heat with the system. However, it’s good to keep an idea of the baseline.
- Last but not the least, you must hire a licensed contractor as it is important to get the job done safely, correctly, and efficiently.