In the warmer months, nothing compares to gathering around a lovely patio table to share a meal with family and friends, host a party, and more. Before buying a patio table, there are numerous considerations to keep in view.
You need to make sure that you purchase the right quality furniture as it would be exposed to the outdoor environment. Also, you need to choose a patio table of the correct size and shape depending on the available space and the number of people you would generally want to seat in that place.
Also, you would have to consider which material/s you prefer. There are various patio table materials to choose from, including wood, rattan, plastic, metal, and more. Many tables are made using a combination of materials, and that too lends a unique look to this alfresco space.
While all of these are crucial aspects of choosing a patio table, there is another factor you need to keep in view as well, and that is the model or style of the table. Homeowners may look for certain types of patio tables, while commercial property owners would follow entirely different specifications.
The former may look for uniqueness and something that complements the overall aesthetic and styling of their home. On the other hand, commercial property owners may want something very stylistic that suits their brand image. Regardless of which setting you need the patio table for, there are various models or styles that you can choose.
Different Patio Table Models
- Large Rectangular Patio Table- This is ideal for large patios and garden spaces. You can choose the size and shape as per the dimensions of your patio and the number of people you want to accommodate there. This table could be made of wood, metal, or even a combination of these materials with a glass top.
- Square Patio Table– These are excellent for more compact spaces or where you have a more squares patio area. These would generally seat four people, but you can opt for bigger sizes to seat eight people as well.
- Round or Oval Patio Tables– These unique tables would need more space and are best-suited for larger patios. You can opt for ones made from hardwoods such as mahogany, Cedar, Ipe, Teak, Eucalyptus, Black Locust, etc.
The patio table bases can be as stylistic as you want them to be, and you can choose a tabletop material of your choice. If you want to create a more spacious and open look, opt for a glass-topped patio table. On the other hand, a live-edge wood or granite tabletop can become the focal point of an expansive patio as well.
Patio Table Styles
As mentioned earlier, the patio table style that you choose should complement the overall look and aesthetic of your home or commercial establishment. The different styles that you can choose from include:
- Formal- This looks good in a setting where the rest of the features have a formal styling as well. You can complement a table like this with heavier, furnished chairs.
- Casual- Wicker or rattan furniture creates a more casual look, and this can be combined with cushions and settees in bright colors.
- Rustic– If you prefer a more organic look in your patio pieces, you can go for a patio table with a live-edge wooded or granite top. Opt for natural wood finishes rather than a refined and smooth polished look.
Aside from this, you can also create a classic style patio table with wrought iron or something more retro with metal legs and metal tabletop. No matter what model or style of patio you opt for, make sure that you select good quality outdoor furniture that will last for many years.